Sporometrics Inc. (“Sporometrics”), is an Ontario corporation and national environmental microbiology laboratory that conducts culture-based and culture-independent biochemical and molecular genetic testing on a wide range of environmental sample matrices. At Sporometrics, we are committed to protecting the privacy of every person who does business with us, or simply visits our website. As part of our effort to protect the privacy of your personal or company information, we have created this privacy statement to tell you about the information we collect, how we use it, and how we ensure the security and confidentiality of your information.
Web access data
Sporometrics automatically collects and stores the following information:
- IP address or domain name where you access the internet;
- Date and time you accessed our site;
- Pages you visited on our website;
- Address of the website that linked you to us;
- Search engine and search terms you used to find us; and,
- Identity of your web browser, and version you are using.
We use summary statistics to help us make our website more user-friendly. We also use this information to make sure that we provide information on topics of most interest to visitors. The information we collect is not shared with anyone apart from our own employees or contracted parties, as necessary, except when required by law.
Questions relating to pages at our site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to include personal information when corresponding with us by email or by filling out an online response form submitted through our website, we may use that information to:
- Respond to your message; and,
- Help gather the requested information.
We do not create individual profiles using the information you provide; nor do we collect, use, or provide information for commercial marketing.
- Identify which computer you are using;
- Assist in the navigation of our website; and,
- Remember your computer settings.
As a convenience to visitors to our website, Sporometrics provides links to a number of sites that may provide, supplemental information on certain subjects. Clicking on these web links will transfer you to sites that are not maintained by Sporometrics, and the privacy policies of these sites may differ from those of Sporometrics. We advise that you locate and review the privacy policies of these websites prior to use of the linked information in order to be aware of any such differences. Sporometrics is neither responsible for the content nor the privacy practices of non-Sporometrics websites. Likewise, Sporometrics neither controls nor influences whether our business partners or linked websites use or accept cookies.
By visiting and using the Sporometrics website, you are giving your consent to the terms outlined in this privacy statement.
Staff confidentiality policy
It is the policy of Sporometrics Inc. that employees shall respect and preserve the privacy, confidentiality and security of all information related to the clients and business operation of Sporometrics. This includes all information pertaining to client sample submissions and results, company documents and financial records, research prospects and intellectual property. Violations of this statement include, but are not limited to:
- Accessing information that is not within the scope of an employee’s duties;
- Misusing, disclosing without proper authorization, or altering confidential information;
- Disclosing to another person your sign-on code and/or password for accessing electronic or confidential information or for physical access to restricted area;
- Using another person’s sign-on code and/or password for accessing electronic confidential information or for physical access to restricted areas;
- Intentional or negligent mishandling or destruction of confidential information;
- Leaving a secured application unattended while signed on; or
- Attempting to access a secured application or restricted area without proper authorization or for purposes other than official Sporometrics business.
Violation of this statement may constitute grounds for corrective action up to and including termination of employment. Unauthorized use or release of confidential information may also subject the violator to personal, civil, and/or criminal liability and legal penalties.
Third party testing
Sporometrics reserves the right to communicate results and information concerning laboratory results to the client on whose behalf the samples in question were collected, without the prior expressed consent of the third party person(s) or firm by whom the samples in question were collected.